A simple at home saliva test has been proven quite reliable in the identification of a fungal overgrowth. First thing in the morning get a clear glass and fill it with water (not tap). It is important that nothing enters
your mouth or touches your lips before you conduct this test. Work up a bit of saliva, and then spit it into the glass of water.
Healthy saliva will be clear; it will float on top and slowly dissolve into the water without cloudiness and without sinking. There are normally some bubbles or foam present.
Candida saliva will have one or more characteristics that point to a Candida Albicans overgrowth:
- Strings traveling down to the bottom of the glass
- Cloudy saliva that sinks to the bottom of the glass
- Cloudy specks suspended in the water
The more strings and cloudiness there is, and the faster it develops, the greater the overgrowth.
In addition to the
saliva test, there is a secondary symptom test based upon the life events and symptoms that you may be experiencing.
A Quick Symptom Test:
- Do you have consistent cravings for sweets and deserts?
- Do you have health problems that doctors cannot resolve or determine the cause?
- Have you experienced anal or vaginal itching, skin rashes, cracked skin, or white coating on your tongue?
- Do you have recurrent
infections in any of these areas: sinus, throat, urinary, prostate, or vaginal?
- Do you experience fatigue or feeling of being bogged down all the time?
- Have you experienced problems with concentration, memory, or foggy thinking?
- Do you have digestive problems such as: heartburn, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, or abdominal pain?
- Do you have chronic allergies and allergic reactions to various foods, such as wheat?
- Have you experienced frequent joint and musculoskeletal pain?
- Have you ever been on repeated or extended doses of antibiotics, steroids, or birth control pills?
Test Score: 0-2 clear; 3-4 mild; 5-6 moderate; 7- or more symptoms;
If both tests confirm a fungal problem it is extremely important that an immediate protocol be initiated as systemic fungi infections directly cause 10,000 deaths each year!
A number of anti-fungal herbs have been clinically shown to eradicate fungus overgrowth and prevent Candida infections. Titan Labs has chosen to be the most effective of these anti-fungal herbs and combined them in a unique therapeutic formula called Factor Two: Bactrol.