Pharmaceutical-grade, pure DHEA (precursor hormone)A pharmaceutical-grade, pure dehydroepiandro-sterone, a hormone precursor, which peaks early in life in both men and women and begins to fall significantly thereafter. It has been suggested
that supplementation with pure DHEA may slow the aging process. Recent research has found that DHEA supplementation in women increases natural levels of progesterone and ameliorates hot flashes. May be safely combined with all Factor Series Supplements.
Recommended for adults over 40 years of age.WHO MAY BENEFIT (Lifestyle)
- Men and Women over 40 years of age.
- Individuals with low DHEA blood serum levels.
Women following menopause and/or hysterectomy.
- Men exhibiting a family history of cardiovascular disease.
- Individuals whose diet is high in refined carbohydrates.
- Individuals desiring to boost their immune system.
- Women on oral and vaginal contraceptives.
REASONS TO USE (Ailments)
- To enhance energy levels, improve mood, increase mental alertness and memory.
- To boost sex drive and improve immune system in individuals with low DHEA blood serum levels.
To supplement low estrogen levels and as a preventive against osteoporosis following menopause and/or hysterectomy.
- To supplement androgens in men as a preventive against heart disease.
- To enhance insulin sensitivity and ameliorate the effects of over consumption of processed carbohydrates.
- To provide hormonal support for the immune system and as a preventive against
DOSAGE & DIRECTIONS
Men 40 to 55: Take one capsule daily with food on a consistent basis.
Men over 55: Take two capsules daily with food on a consistent basis.
Women over 40 or on contraceptives: Take one capsule daily with food on a consistent basis.
Individuals with low DHEA: Take two to three capsules daily until normal DHEA level has been achieved; then reduce dosage to one capsule or follow age guidelines above.
Women in post menopause or surgical menopause: Take two capsules daily with food on a consistent basis.
Important Note: The long-term consequence of high dosage use of DHEA is unknown as human
studies to date have been limited and short term. Although DHEA is a promising precursor hormone, neither science nor medicine has a full understanding of this steroid and how it metabolizes into estrogens, androgens, and other hormones. Caution is therefore advised.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING MAXIMUM BENEFITS: It takes 2-4 weeks for the body to assimilate and utilize herbs. For maximum benefit a 1 month supply (2 vials) is best.
CONTRAINDICATIONS & PRECAUTIONS
The dosage levels recommended in this report are within safety tolerances and guidelines for
normal DHEA usage. Never take supplements at the same time as medications. If both must be taken with food, take them at different meals.
The following substances have been determined to lower DHEA levels: corticosteroids, progesterone and other oral contraceptives, cimetidine (Tagamet), lovastatin (Mevacor), ketoconazole (Nizoral), anticonvulsants, carbamazepine, phenobarbitals, and alcohol.
FACTOR FOUR FORMULATION
DHEA-Forte is manufactured from the steroidal saponin diogenin and converted by a series of eight chemical reactions into pure dehydroepiandrosterone.
When a DHEA capsule is swallowed, it is absorbed from the intestinal tract into the portal vein
where it is transported into the liver. Most of the DHEA is metabolized by the liver before circulating throughout the bloodstream to the rest of the body.
When DHEA is metabolized, a chemical called sulfate is added which consists of the mineral sulfur combined with oxygen, creating DHEAS - short for DHEA-sulfate. About 90% of this steroid hormone is in the DHEAS form with the balance circulating as DHEA
It is important to note that DHEA is lipophilic (soluble in fat) while DHEAS is water soluble. DHEA can cross the blood-brain barrier and influence the brain whereas DHEAS cannot.
Some manufacturers "micronize" DHEA, a process that creates smaller particles that can be absorbed from the intestines into the lymphatic system and partially bypass the liver, thus
increasing the amount of "free" DHEA in the blood. Such micronization has been touted as enhancing the bioavailability of DHEA although there is very limited data supporting this claim.
Titan Laboratories does not micronize its DHEA for 2 reasons:
(1) Limited data exists regarding the impact of DHEA on the brain. Titan is therefore reluctant to
alter or "shortcut" the natural pathway of DHEA as it is produced by the adrenals.
(2) DHEA is consistently stable on a daily basis while free DHEA cycles throughout the day and may increase up to a hundredfold at a given moment or drop drastically under stress. Again, Titan is reluctant to alter the naturally occurring 90/10 percentage relationship of DHEAS to free DHEA pending further clinical studies.