An alarming 40 million Americans suffer from allergies. Sneezing, stuffy nose and itchy eyes and throat often bring to mind seasonal hay fever during spring and fall. For many people the symptoms of allergies are a year round struggle due to dust mites, pet dander and mold spores. The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, estimate that 16.7 million office visits a year are attributed to allergic rhinitis (allergies).
An allergy is caused by an overzealous immune system that attacks the body, referred to as an autoimmune response. The are three basic categories of allergies:
- Inhalants like ragweed and pollen
- Ingestants from foods consumed
- Contacts with poison ivy or oak
As with the common cold, proper nutrition, exercise and
stress reduction can eliminate most allergies. Clinical malnutrition is quite common in Americans as stated in the Lancet, 1985 and those that suffer from depression have been found to have twice the normal occurrence of allergies, Journal of Affective Disorders, 1981.
Recommendations to facilitate the immune & respiratory systems in fighting allergies and inflammation:
- All nutrients related to the strengthening of the immune system are vital in the prevention of the common cold and sinus infection. Factor One: Bio-Immunizer, a whole food vitamin, mineral, herbal formulation and Factor Seven: Digestin, a plant based digestive formulation will meet this need.
- Depressed and stress people are more likely to
experience allergies. Stress can alter the absorption efficiency of the intestinal tract to allow more food proteins to enter and excite the immune system into an autoimmune attack. Factor Six: Sommaserene can assist in the area of effectively managing stress and Factor Seven: Digestin to assist in breaking down vital food groups.
- Allergic persons should
always eat a wide variety and rotate food groups. Progressive accumulation of similar foods from a restrictive diet may cause allergic reactions as noted in Prescription for Nutritional Healing, 1990. Avoid potentially harmful additives in foods such as sulfites, monosodium glutamate (MSG), F, F & C #5 yellow dye (tartrazine), aspartame (Nutrasweet) and benzoates
- Should you or your child suffer from frequent colds or flues
consider having your thyroid checked and eliminating junk food from the diet.